Troops to Teachers
What We Do
The Mississippi Troops to Teachers program believes in providing you with the best support and services possible. Our mission is to provide counseling, referral, placement, and financial assistance to military personnel interested in building second careers as teachers. We strive to develop a customized plan for each teacher candidate to help you reach your teaching goals.
After completing the licensure process, we will provide you with job placement services, trained mentors, subject area professional development, technology, and practical classroom management training throughout your first three years of teaching.
Check out the benefits of the Mississippi Troops to Teachers program.
Teach Mississippi Now - Finacial Benefits!
- Generous monetary incentives for eligible participants
- Additional bonuses for critical shortage subject areas: (Math, Science, Foreign Languages and Special Education)
- Military Public Employee Retirement Service Plan (up to four years credit for active military service)
- Additional service credit for military instructors
Additional Teaching Benefits in Mississippi
- Paid personal and medical leave
- Generous year-round breaks that follow the school calendar year, with about two months of summer vacation
- Medical insurance: free to employees, with immediate coverage beginning on date of hire
- Career advancement opportunities statewide
- Employment opportunities statewide