Timelines for Submission of Contracts
- Contracts Timeline: Introduction
- Timeline for Contracts below $50,000
- Timeline for Contracts between $50,000 and $100,000
- Timeline for Contracts over $100,000
- Important Notes
Contract Submission Timeline: Introduction
Cumulative lead times associated with contracts will vary dependent upon the type of contract, the selection process used, and the levels of executive approvals needed to enter the contract. Program offices are responsible for planning the anticipated start dates of contracts in conjunction with all applicable lead time requirements, i.e., State Board of Education (SBE), Personal Service Contract Review Board (PSCRB), and the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS). Violation of processing lead times will result in paperwork modification and will most likely delay the start of the contract.
Timeline for Submission of Contracts Below $50,000
Contracts below $50,000 (including personnel services and travel) do not require any board approval.
Timeline for Submission of Contracts Between $50,000 and $100,000 - Including Personnel Services and Travel
(Requires SBE Approval)
|SBE Meeting Date ||Packet Due to Procurement |
|January 19-20, 2012 ||December 5, 2011 |
|February 16-17, 2011 ||January 3, 2012 |
|March 15-16, 2012 ||January 30, 2012 |
|April 19-20, 2012 ||March 5, 2012 |
|May 17-18, 2012 ||April 2, 2012 |
|June 14-15, 2012 ||May 1, 2012 |
Timeline for Submission of Contracts Over $100,000
(Requires Both SBE and PSCRB Approval)
|PSCRB Meeting Date || |
Packet Due to PSCRB-15 Working Days Prior
(delivered to PSCRB by Procurement)
|SBE Approval Date ||Packet Due to Procurement |
|April 17, 2012 |
|March 27, 2012 |
|March 16, 2012 ||January 30, 2012 |
|May 15, 2012 |
|April 23, 2012 |
|April 20, 2012 ||March 5, 2012 |
|June 19, 2012 |
|May 25, 2012 |
|May 18, 2012 ||April 2, 2012 |
|July 17, 2012 |
|June 25, 2012 ||June 15, 2012 ||May 1, 2012 |
Contract packets are submitted to PSCRB by the Office of Procurement following SBE approval.
**New contracts beginning July 1, 2012, must be approved by the SBE on May 18 and the PSCRB on June 19
***FY 13 contract renewals must be submitted to PSCRB by May 15 for the June PSCRB agenda, thus they will require SBE approval on April 20.
- The effective date of the contract shall be the date of PSCRB approval or thereafter, except for an emergency procurement.
- It is the responsibility of the awarding office to meet the time frames necessary to secure SBE and PSCRB approval.
- Generally, contracts requiring PSCRB approval must receive SBE approval prior to consideration by the PSCRB.
- In accordance with Section 27-104-17(4), Mississippi Code of 1972, the SBE must approve contracts with former state employees who are PERS retirees receiving retirement benefits for an amount exceeding $20,000 a year.