Educator Licensure

Teacher and Administration Preparation

Acceptable Degrees or Coursework for Licensure

The Office of Educator Licensure accepts degrees or coursework from any nationally or regionally accredited institution. Accreditation can be checked from the United States Department of Education website ( or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation website (  Section 37-3-2 of the Mississippi Code authorizes the Certification Commission and State Board of Education to approve all teacher preparation programs for any license in MS. The Commission does not approve programs completed in other states. If a Mississippi educator completes a degree program in another state with the intention of becoming certified, he/she must provide to the Office of Educator Licensure documentation that the out of state program is approved for licensure in that state.  An “Institutional Program Verification” form can be accepted as documentation and can be found in the “Paper License Application” packet at (

Educator Licensure Resources


Office of Educator Licensure     P.O. Box 771     Jackson, MS 39205-0771     Phone: (601) 359-3483     Fax: (601) 359-2778

Copyright © 2012 Mississippi Department of Education – Agency Web DisclaimerNotice of Non-Discrimination