Licensure Application K12
Mississippi Licensure Guidelines require that all educators submit a completed application with any licensure request.
- Read Licensure Instructions and Checklist to locate the license for which you are applying.
- Collect documents required for your license and check off correlating boxes on Licensure Checklist
- Complete Licensure Application
- Send Licensure Application Packet and all documents required in your license category in a single,complete packet to the Mississippi Department of Education, Office of Educator Licensure, P.O. Box 771, Jackson, MS 39205-0771.
Incomplete packets will be returned to the applicant with no action taken.
The Office of Educator Licensure does not accept photocopies of Praxis scores. We must receive them electronically from ETS or we must receive the original score report.
Licensure Application Packet
- To file License Application online through ELMS (click here)
- Additional Forms
Applications for district request licenses are linked below. All 1-year district requests must contain a plan of action through which the teacher agrees to obtain full certification.
- One-year License for Veteran Educators: this license is for teachers who hold full certification but are teaching out-of-field.