State Board Policy
DESCRIPTOR TERM: Behavior Modifications
ADOPTION DATE: January 25, 2005
Section 37-13-92, Mississippi Code of 1972, requires the State Board of Education to establish the definition and components of a behavior modification program.
Policies, procedures and research-based strategies that teach students the skills needed to make positive decisions concerning behavior and learning.
- The program will contain procedures and research-based strategies that:
- Include a (proactive) prevention component for all students;
- Include interventions designed to deal with common disciplinary problems;
- Provide an intensive intervention program for low-incidence behavior problems;
- Provide professional development for all team members and parents;
- Provide a safe and disciplined environment where teaching and learning can take place; and
- Permit implementation of the School Safety Plan.